I wonder what this puppy was thinking? He looks like he could use a hug.
This kitten looks like he is just making the pose - I wonder how they got him to do that.
This kitten is coming towards the camera I am sure to "check it out".
All these animals are so adorable. I do post a lot of cat pictures I know, but I do like pups and dogs just not as well as cats. So, with that I was thinking about "how come I like some people more than others? What is it that says, "Wow, I really want to get to know that person better." OR "Wow, I had better stay clear of that person".
LOVE IS GOOD!!!
Yep, that is what I'm thinking...
This kitten looks like he is just making the pose - I wonder how they got him to do that.
This kitten is coming towards the camera I am sure to "check it out".
All these animals are so adorable. I do post a lot of cat pictures I know, but I do like pups and dogs just not as well as cats. So, with that I was thinking about "how come I like some people more than others? What is it that says, "Wow, I really want to get to know that person better." OR "Wow, I had better stay clear of that person".Well, when I was in the Navy one of my Chaplains had me take a personality test called "Myers Briggs" - maybe some of you have heard it. According to this test I believe it was 12 - 16 personality types...anyway, it was a long time ago. Jerry took this too. He is an INFP and I was an ENFP - so what does that mean? Glad you asked.
INFP = Introvert, intuitive, feeling, perceiving
ENFP = Extrovert, intuitive feeling, perceiving
The chaplain told us that we would have a "hard time getting along" because of it. I just went on line and read the INFP personality type and the ENFP type, rather interesting reading. BUT when we put ourselves in a "BOX" like this what are we doing? We take away our own uniqueness - don't you think? But after reading them again - well they do "kinda" describe Jerry and I. Maybe that is what we want to see..however, the chaplain was wrong about us - we are going on 20 years of marriage! So, our personalities must be compatible somewhat. ha ha.
Okay, I do have a point here. I was thinking - "Hey what if I found out what personality my boss is, then maybe I could get a long better with him". Well, as soon as I thought that - I FELT A NUDGE FROM GOD. I can remember Scriptures that tell us we are unique and no one is "made the same". Like yesterday's post - WE ARE EXCEPTIONAL - well today, I must remember that WE ARE STILL UNIQUE! Yes, people have "common" interests etc. but we have to take the time to get to know each person if we really want to know them. If not, maybe it's best that we don't take the time.
As Christians though in our church family it is VERY IMPORTANT to get to know each other, because we really do "need" each other. SO PLEASE TAKE THE TIME AND GET TO KNOW THE ONES YOU WORSHIP WITH - THE ONES THAT PRAY FOR YOU - THE ONES THAT GOD HAS PLACED IN YOUR LIFE! Once you get to know them - LOVE THEM! For we know:
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. -- 1 Cor. 13:4-7
LOVE IS GOOD!!!
Yep, that is what I'm thinking...
I am so enjoying your lessons of the day. Keep on sharing, it's encouraging to me. janet
ReplyDeleteWell put and interesting!! I love you and Jerry just the way you are! Jolene
ReplyDeleteNo surprise how those tests turned out. But don't opposites attract? You and Jerry balance each other. I think that one of the hardest things to do is accept people as they are and not think they have to be just like us. Maybe then there wouldn't be so much friction.
ReplyDelete