Saturday, June 11, 2011

Who Do You Need Recognition From?

Well I can remember a time (not so long ago in fact), that I had to have recognition from "my boss", "my husband", "my friends", and the list goes on of course. Since I have been "out of a job", God has really pointed out to me that my recognition COMES FROM HIM - MY FATHER IN HEAVEN!
Why did it take so long to come to this? Well actually I knew this for a very long time. I just had to be sweetly reminded because I was "feeling so lost without a job to go to". Well I thank God for sure that it is not the case now. Now I am loved more than ever from God, from my husband, and from my family and friends. All have come through for me so much!
How can I thank God ever enough? Or for that matter my friends and family? That is the beauty of being under God's grace I believe! Yes, I will keep thanking though, that will never stop! I will keep praising THE LORD for that will NEVER STOP! I will never take things for granted - such as "a job", or "friends". I will never ever forget the lessons I have learned. I will never forget "where I came from" and "how much further I need to go."
I will leave here with this quote from Mary Welchel (a wonderful author by the way):

"How important is it to you to be recognized by people for what you do? If it's vita to you to receive earthy rewards, you're probably pretty frustrated. And in a sense you are addicted to the approval of others. When you get a little recognition, you feel good; when you don't, you're depressed. Working strictly for earthly recognition is a roller coaster ride to nowhere....God has rewards to give us. They are eternal and if we're smart, they're the ones we'll desire. They will drive our ambitions. I have a deep desire to hear my Lord say to me, 'Well done, good and faithful servant.' I know my work has to meet His standards..."

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I know I do it too! How important for us to remember the only recognition we need is from God. Amen and amen.

    ReplyDelete