Saturday, September 24, 2011

"Fell off the Wagon"...

Well this "baby" reminds me that I am eating everything and anything. What happened?! It started with a DQ cone I believe. Or was it my Mother-In-Laws fruit dessert. Whatever it has put me on a binge.

As I look at this elephant, I fear that I am bound to look like him if I don't stop.

I see this and I picture myself as "what I am eating here"?! I want to so bad just to have a treat once in awhile and not get carried away. I have God's self-control but not when it comes to eating a taste.

How I pray that I can do just that. I don't want to deprive myself of having a treat - I so love it, as I am sure we Will all do. I want to "Crave God" more, less of food. Not just sweet foods but food altogether. I don't want to put on weight, I don't want to have to buy new clothes. I just want to maintain of where I am at.

Time to eat out of a different bowl.

Jesus says, "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. (Matt. 7:24)

1 comment: