Tomorrow I will be going back the "jail" to "talk". Once again Connie can not make it. I didn't know what I was going to talk about it, until I was reading a devotion and many Scriptures on this. I know these women need forgiveness like we all do by the way, and I truly believe the hardest one to forgive is ourselves.
Last time I posted I talked about "hope and joy" - where was mine this past week? You talk about Spiritual Warfare, not capturing my thoughts, and things that could go wrong DID go wrong. The worst part of last week though was my "lack of faith". It is so hard to admit that. Making mistakes, losing things, and not trusting God to help me fix the mistakes and find what is lost! Yes, I did cry out! Yes, I asked for prayer. During those "horrible moments" where was my faith?
Someone once said..."There is no forgiveness from God unless you freely forgive your brother from your heart. And I wonder if we have been too narrow in thinking that "brother" only applies to someone else. What if YOU are the brother or sister who needs to be forgiven, and you need to forgive yourself?"- David Seamands
I believe I will start out with that quote tomorrow. Of course many Scriptures will be used during the time we have together.
Today, I need forgiveness. I need to forgive myself, for the "lack of faith" that I had during this past week of "being beaten up", "yelled at", and everything else I did to myself....
Today I "feel" a lot better because I do believe the prayers that were sent up for me, my loving understanding husband, and time alone with God has helped me have this! We are going to Aunt Alice's funeral today to celebrate her "GOING HOME" . I truly loved this woman! She was such a soft spoken woman who suffered quite a bit these past few years. Now she is in PEACE and in JESUS' presence and not to forget to mention that she is seeing Ed (her husband) again after all those years.

Sometimes the hardest person to forgive is yourself. I beat myself up a lot it seems. Just remember, we are to sin less, but we are not sinless. May you find peace in forgiveness and may you touch the hearts of those you speak to tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteThe above post was sponsored by Jeanne. :)
ReplyDeleteOh Anita, I am so blessed by you because you are real and share your struggles and the way Jesus always brings you back to Him! I am so sorry for your loss but it's Heaven's gain and that makes it so much easier knowing your Aunt Alice is with Jesus and waiting for you! Love you!
ReplyDelete(((hug)))
ReplyDelete