Today I am up, I am going to church, but I am sad too. A dear friend of ours, a family member of our church went see the Lord last Tues. and we are "celebrating" her life - I hate to say funeral because I know we will see her again. She will be missed terribly by many here. She was only 67, she had COPD, a disease that doesn't care and doesn't have much mercy on people who have it. I "read up" about it and it was not at all I thought it was, it was much more. Anyway, I am happy and sad. Mixed emotions. I am reminded once again though we are only here for a short while.
I read Annie's blog today and I am reminded to remember the good times - so I will remember Donna sitting behind us at church with her lovely voice singing! I will remember her hugs, her smiles, her laughter, etc. I will be thankful for the time I did know her (which wasn't very long) but time doesn't matter. I knew I loved this woman the moment I laid my eyes on her, she was just that kind of person. I know she is celebrating in heaven, so we can celebrate here.
Remembering friends, Patricia, if you are reading this, can you remember when we were in high school and we were outside feeling the warm windy day that we shouted, "we are free". I can't remember all of it but I remember throwing my hands in the air, the laughter we shared...AHHHH good memory.
So many more...that is why I like to blog, I like to go back to some of them and read them, remembering....
I have to close - time to make more memories!!!
I so hated to miss Donna's celebration but so glad she is walking streets of gold and no more need for oxygen or needing to rest! She WILL be missed!!! I love the picture too, gentle reminder to keep our focus on Jesus - I love you dearest sister in Christ
ReplyDeleteHey there, Yes, I remember something like that... out front by the redwood trees? Those trees are still there. I'm sorry you are dealing with loss. It's difficult watching our friends and family get sick and leave us. It's happening frequently for us because of our friendships at the Senior Center.
ReplyDeleteWell, I hope you are having a great day in spite of the sadness. Take care, P.