Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Never alone...

What do you see when you see this picture? What hits your mind? I see a place where a "tree" is surviving in the sand...a tree alone - and yet is it? When one looks closer you can see other trees in the back ground.

Sometimes I picture myself alone, standing by myself. Then all I have to do is look closer, deeper, up, and reality is - I'M NEVER ALONE! That my dear ones is such a comfort for me.

I know I can run to "Our Shepherd" talk to Him, lean on Him.

I also know that my friends are a phone call away, of course that means I have to pick up the phone (not easy for me).

We need each other - it says that all throughout the Bible. I can remember when I used to say, "I don't need anyone, I can handle my life" -WRONG! So many years I "suffered" because I did not know how to "walk with Jesus". I knew who He was, but I sure didn't know HIM. Now, I am "blessed to know Him, hanging on to His promises, grateful that I am not alone. How I long for others to know Him.

I pray for my boss, my co-workers, and my union brothers and sisters. I want to cry out to them and tell them about Jesus - but like me years ago, their eyes are shut and they can't see.

My prayers are being answered, I may not see the fruit of my prayers, but that is ok.

My Mother never really saw her fruit in me. She didn't get to see the Christian Anita. She only got to see the "old Jody", the one that kept "running away" - she used to tell me that a lot. As soon as I accepted Christ we talked on the phone once a week and I told her about my church family, my new life. She was so happy for me and told me she had been praying for years. How I would have loved for her to see me in person, to give her a hug and tell her that I loved her. I told her often on the phone, and I know she knew...but people every chance you get to hug a loved one - PLEASE DO SO! My Mother waits for me in heaven as well as my Dad and my sister - someday, I will get that chance to HUG them all because "He saved a wretch like me."

Well that is what I am feeling right now - homesick.

4 comments:

  1. If I could I'd give you a big hug right now, and I do love you, Anita. You are an amazing woman and I'm glad that you found the Lord and your Mother's prayers were answered. ove you! janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool that your mom was praying for you all those years and I think it's great that you faithfully pray the same things for others!

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was beautiful. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it awesome to KNOW we will see them again and get those hugs! Praise God

    I loved your Owen Moment ;) I love you my dearest sister in Christ

    ReplyDelete