Thursday, June 17, 2010

Reading...

Cute picture huh? I just had to post it. I do like reading too though - so hey.

I haven't been reading like I have been wanting too. I haven't read a fiction book in a long time - I have missed them! Anyone out there know of a good one? I know there are plenty out there. I thought about checking out some of the ones in our library at church. I also have two books by Joesph Prince that I want read. I am half way through one. Sometimes a good fiction is just what one needs though. That is what I liked about the Book Club - which is on break for the summer.

You know my grandma Hooper never learned how to read. I just can't imagine. She was raised in North Carolina where at that time I guess she "never needed to". My grandpa was a preacher, so I am sure "he told her what she needed to know" - ha ha. Everyone knows we need to read the WORD, to Hear the WORD - I am sure she heard plenty of it. :O

How about a poem, I feel like one coming on:

READ...
Read all about it if you can,
Read how Jesus reached out His hand.
Find out what it really means to know Him
Then tell others every now and then.
So many out there still haven't heard,
I know it is quite absurd.
Why, why haven't they, oh who will tell
Will it be you or me - or oh well?
No, it can't be! We must care,
Jesus saves - we must share.
No more on the fence right?
Let's stand up for Jesus - let's fight!


How's that for a cheer......:)

1 comment:

  1. that's a great cheer! did you make it up?

    Isn't it strange to think what life was like when our grandmothers were young? Even stranger to think what life will be like in the future :( kinda scary if you ask me

    the picture is so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete