Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's Time...

It is time for me to just be. Have you ever just wanted to "stop time"? Or speed time up? I have and do you know what? It is a WASTE of time doing that. Now all I want to do is be in the moment - actually that is what the doctor prescribed for me. Even Jesus stresses that! In fact Jesus gave us the gift of His presence! In God's Word, you never see how Jesus is rushed. So, why do I "feel" I have to at times?I seem to rush through my meals. Rush to get a project done at work. Rush to go somewhere....How sad is that? Especially on the meals and the projects - both get me bad results! Rushing through meals, my stomach doesn't have time to process it is full. Rushing through work projects gives me opportunities to make errors - "haste makes waste".

The dilemma I face is HOW DO I SLOW DOWN? How do I embrace the moment? How can I just be?

I go to Scriptures that tell me - there are many - and I have written them down. It seems I am too "rushed" to read them - I know why bother to write them down? Actually though, when I do sit tight and read them, there is a peace that comes over me, I am sure you have experienced that too.

Work has been so "stressful" lately. There are so many guys on the "bench" - out of work, my boss is uptight about everything, and lately I have found myself "caught up" in the chaos of it all. I know better - I know that Jesus would rather me be in the zone of peace even though the outside is in turmoil. So -- the knowledge is there --- NOW IT IS TIME TO BE!!!
One can look outside themselves and see
A person caught up in the tragedies
One can see that people are sad
But we can also see the ones that are glad.
Some people just can't seem to be happy
All they do is sit around and be "sappy".
I don't want to be one of those,
Oh no, I want to be the one God chose.
It is such a delight and joy to be,
In His presence is awesome to me.
So, now I will stop right here,
Open up God's Word and cheer.
---Anita :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Anita we learned just that this past weekend...We had been so rushed and in turmoil and sometimes God stops you cold.. In the Bible Jesus was always taking time to pray and rest..This is why we have wanted to live off the land God provided for us...Sitting in the garden and praying is my favorite thing to do..Nothing to me is more peaceful than that..

    When I was reading this the first kitty I saw I thought you were going to say it was yours...These are precious pictures of cats...

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete