Saturday, September 7, 2013

Why do I feel like something is missing in my life?

Wayford Woods, Somerset, England 

It is so silly how lately I have been feeling like something is missing. I mean seriously I have everything in my life that I need. I have a wonderful husband, cat, son, granddaughter, home, a loving church family, job and so many "things". 

If I had to "nail" some of that feeling down, I have to admit I miss being younger. I know pretty vain. I know when we remember "back when" we remember the good times. I really do miss the energy I used to have that the excitement I had going to new places. I miss the days where I did not see wrinkles on my face, my hair was long, and I was in in so much better shape that I am now.

 I miss hiking.  Jerry and I used to hike so much, some of the best times we had were hiking - or walking the trails. It was "our time".

Now it seems like the weekends go by so fast. Jerry is usually always busy on Saturday and I catch up on housework or other things are going on. Sundays of course is God's day. But when we get out of church we come home and Jerry usually watches a race or something. I end up taking a nap, reading, looking at Pineterst, FB, email, and before I know it the day is gone. 

I really need to be thankful, content and realize I am so blessed to be right where I am right now! I know I have seen so many places in my lifetime - do I really need to see more? I have hiked many trails, do I really need to hike more? I know there will be many more times to come.

So what I have a few wrinkles - well many of them. I have less energy but I could be worse. 

I am right where God wants me to be.

Psalm 30:5 - so true :) 

After all every day is a new day - and the days may seem like they are the same, I know that each day God gives us a special gift. Like when I was walking around the pond at work - I saw a little yellow butterfly - those are Jesus' kisses as I call them. I saw a yellow finch, so cute! Of course those geese as annoying as they can be, I can't help but laugh at some of there antics. 

Now most of the days I have a friend named Mary at work - we walk together at our lunch break. It is nice to have a walking buddy. I really enjoy walking by myself too on my two breaks - when I can.

So rereading this - why do I feel like there is still something missing? 

Dear God,... 

"...O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." Psalms 5:3 
I will keep climbing one moment at a time. Really that is all we can do huh?

Praying blessings over my spiritual sisters here on Pinterest. Lord, please meet their needs and may they grow in faithfulness with you. 
That is a good prayer huh? 
Sometimes I feel so alone, but I am not am I?

1 comment:

  1. No, you are NEVER alone, because Jesus promises this. It's the learning to be content in whatever that is hard . . . wrinkles, grey hair hey I earned these! but it's still hard but then Jesus never promised life would be easy but take heart, He has overcome the world! Love you!

    ReplyDelete