Me waiting to go on the "little train ride", it was fun because of this little boy's joy when he saw the animals! I wish I would have gotten his picture!
Jerry again, he just loved this part of the zoo - there were so many beautiful things to see inside this area. I forgot what they called it.
Aren't these adorable?
KING LION!!! Oh how it hurts though to see a "King" in a cage. Yet, we pay to see them don't we? There is a reason...
She seems to have the good life, soaking it all in, no cares in the world. I just love this picture!!! I took it through a window - was so glad it turned out!
Aren't these birds beautiful! I couldn't count the many birds they have there. God's creatures - the colors He puts on them!
Beautiful swans with their babies...
The wise owl - at the Bird Man's show, found out they are one of the 3 dumbest birds...
I tell you this man knows his birds! I guess he is quite famous too. Boy did he have a lot of them and the stories he told about them were so interesting!
Check out that bird!
What a beautiful colorful this one was.
This my dear ones is an EAGLE!!! Quite a beauty too! I have never seen one of these kind before up close like that. Wow, talk about different kind of Eagle than I am used to seeing.Well, we did have a good time that is for sure. This zoo is in Des Moines and when it was raining in C.R. it was sun shining there and cool. God sure was good to give us such a beautiful day to spend at the zoo!

How exciting...Kim wanted to know why you didn't bring home a penguin for her?? She LOVES penguins and she is a big NHL Penguins fan and they won the stanley cup...Kathleen and Dave just came back from that zoo a couple of weeks ago...they loved it..Russ and I need to start going to zoos...Dave and Kim are big into zoos...Lisa
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures! You guys were blessed to have a day to spend together looking at God's creation :)
ReplyDeleteI love all the birds the eagle is interesting!
I love you
It looks like you had so much fun! Thanks for posting pictures. Isn't great to just get away for the day!?
ReplyDeleteSounds like you both had a great time on your get away. Beautiful picures, too. janet
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great time at the zoo. ; )
ReplyDelete