Saturday, July 18, 2009

GOTCHA....

I am going to quote Barbara Johnson in her book Boomerang Joy - this one today hit me right between the eyes! I added the color and the bold to get my attention more than anything else.

"Life never fails to getcha. The best advice in order to face each day is this: hope for the best, get ready for the worst, and then take whatever God sends. What happens when life is going great and then - whammo! - some big problem hits you, knocking you into a deep valley? You can cheer yourself with the thought that the richest soil is there because that's where the fertilizer. Try to find the funny even in the midst of a fiasco. Keep alive the enduring hope that somewhere ahead is a blessing waiting just for you." Jerry came home last night telling me that his hours will probably be cut August 1st because of so many changes in the company he is working for. He said it is definitely time to find another job. Of course in today's economy and jobs being scarce as they are my heart "fluttered" BUT we have a POWERFUL GOD ON OUR SIDE and HE will PROVIDE the right job for him!!!

Another quote from Barbara when I start negative thinking or listening to others saying that jobs are so hard to find now:

"Develop a windshield wiper in your mind to slosh of the bad thoughts that splash across your life. Keep driving, and you will move right out from under the cloud that shadows your life."

Please blogger loved ones do keep us in prayers as we go through this valley with the fertilizer.

But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. -- Job 23:10

4 comments:

  1. I love that last quote. I need to write that one down and keep it where I can see it.
    I will be praying for Jerry that God will show him the right answer. See you in a bit. Love you, janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for God's provision in your lives. I agree with Janet, I like the visualization of windshield wipers and sloshing the bad right off our windshield!

    ReplyDelete
  3. preach it sister!!!!

    praying for you and Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for you guys...God ALWAYS provides..I love both of the quotes you wrote about..I must write them down to..Keep the windshield wipers going full force...blessings are coming..Lisa

    ReplyDelete