During the "Valley", I learned a lot about myself and I found myself wrapped up in myself - not good! I kept looking in the mirror too and not liking what I saw. For I saw an elderly woman, with graying hair - yes, it bothered me! BUT when my husband told me to STOP THAT and to realize that God gave us those gray hairs for a reason and when I cut myself down, I am cutting down God's creation. I guess that snapped me back into reality. We grow old, unless we die first and there really isn't too much we can do about it - EXCEPT for exercise, maybe coloring our hair, eat better, and get plenty of rest. Of course SPIRITUAL FOOD IS THE BEST--we need that way more than we ever can realize! When I am walking with Jesus and He shows me the way, I don't have time to "dwell" on my looks. You would think I would have known better by now. I am trying now to "age gracefully". It all boiled down to PRIDE!!! -- OUCH!Father, I desire to humble myself before You and trust that You will lift me up. (James 4:10)
Thank YOU LORD that I can "smell" the flowers and Rest in YOU. YOU are so amazing on creating so many beautiful flowers. How Wonderful YOU are that I can enJOY YOUR creations even when I can't go outside and see nature at its best. I thank YOU LORD, that YOU have placed people in my life - ones that pray for me, ones that are patient with me, and ones that love me. Lord, I love them too! I LOVE YOU LORD JESUS CHRIST, MY SAVIOR, MY ALL!
So, I finally have a "slow day" at work it has been awhile! I have been able to write a letter, check out my e-mail, and now posting. I also got my walk in - that is always good. (Speaking of walks, I did a 4 mile power walk at home--walk in place with Lisa Sansome - felt so great afterwards). YES INDEED, I AM BACK ON TRACK THE RIGHT ONE!
Just saw this verse today that Liz Curtis Higgs shared on facebook (if you aren't a friend you should become one!).
ReplyDeleteIsaiah 46:4 Even to your old age and gray hairs I am HE, I am HE who will sustain you.
Anita, I wouldn't trade anything for the things I know now. Growing old is not for sissys, but there are benefits too. Our bodies may not be as beautiful, but our minds and hearts are bursting with God's love. :) Love you. Linda
Thanks for being so "real", Anita. It is tough growing old, and I know that I'm not doing it very gracefully. Thanks for sharing. Love you, janet
ReplyDelete