Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fruits...

Oh the taste of fresh fruits on a "hot humid day" - nothing beats it. Right now I am eating fresh blueberries that we got from the Amish. Before that I ate cantaloupe - so good! (Last night over at JoAnna's we had slice oranges and apples - what a hostess!) I froze grapes for we could snack on them at night - so good.

The other day we had some delicious cherries - I can remember when I didn't like them - can you imagine?
Ah yes, the wonderful fruits that God gave us. I have a peach and an apple that I will eat later for a snack.
So, why all the talk about fruit? It is another reminder of the "FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT" and how they like the fruits that we eat are gifts from God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control... (Galatians 5:22).
So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature...(Gal. 5:16).
In Power Hour at church, we are doing the "series" of the 9 fruits, we finished up self-control - and to be honest, I am praying for more self-control, especially when it comes to eating. We start of the "love" on next Sunday, I am looking forward to that. The best part about "the power hour" is to be with my sisters-in-Christ! We learn a lot in God's Word and then we learn from each other...it so important to be in the Word and fellowship! So, my "fruit reminder" - may it be a reminder for us all to "dig deeper in the Word" and enJOY the fruit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment