Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"START OVERS"

What decision do I need to make to "live to be 70" or better yet to live to be a HEALTHY 70?
 I am not sure this is true about the Eagle, but I like to think it is true, for as you know the Eagle is my "favorite" bird.
 Anyway the reason for this blog is to REMIND myself, I can "start over" again! What am I starting over? I am glad you asked.
This picture is of an eagle taken by "Nan in Alaska" in her yard!
My start over is "goodbye sugar" again. The past 3 three months have been not good at all with this. The first 3 months I actually done it! I had more energy, I felt better about myself because I lost 12 pounds, my clothes fit better, etc. NOW, BECAUSE I CAVED IN AND ATE SUGAR -- well my pants are getting snug, my energy level is way down! The more sugar I ate the more I craved!!!

Yesterday was very bad. I kept on telling Jerry I want a "Snickers" please let's stop. You know what he said, he said "Anita, you have got to stop thinking about food all the time. Quit telling yourself 'you need food' when you really need is food to survive, not to food control you"! WAKE UP CALL!!! Then he sweetly reminded me about "sweets".

So, at the farm, I ate strawberry shortcake, on the way home a small DQ cone - plus some of Jerry's large cone. How did that make me feel? AWFUL!!! The guilt inside me was screaming!!! You should have heard me, "Oh Jerry the best part of going to the farm is stopping at DQ on the way back". How awful that was when I had such a good time at the farm. They got a new puppy, I played with it. They have all those cats, I loved being around them, combing their hair. Jerry and I had a good time going out to the pasture and picking gooseberries. So, why then I said something STUPID like that about DQ - it is because I have let food control me - craving it, when I need to be craving GOD!

So, today, started over reading "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst - listening to her DVD, working on her work book! I can start over - GOD IS A GOD OF NEW BEGINNINGS!!!

The unfailing love of the Lord never ends!…Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. --Lamentations 3:22-23 NLT
It's always a new day
The unfailing love of the Lord never ends!…Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. --Lamentations 3:22-23 NLT
If you could step away from one thing that is dragging you under, what would you leave behind?--SUGAR

Dear Lord, help me recognize the bad boats—sugar- in my life, whatever they are. Help me to stop looking at the water, feeling trapped, and saying "I can't." Help me to gather the courage to reach for Your hand — to know that no matter where I am, no matter what the storm, my security isn't in the boat, but in You. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Mark 9:23, "Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." (KJV)

Isaiah 43:2a, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you" (ESV)

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thess. 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment