Oh LORD, I know I can "call on YOU" when I make a mistake. I can tell You I am sorry and YOU forgive me and give me GRACE. I know that people that don't know You don't really know how to give grace and sometimes they have a very hard time forgiving. They hold grudges, they say they have a hard time "trusting" in me. That hurts LORD.
Well it happened this morning when I walked into work. My boss said that he was quite embarrassed at the meeting he went to yesterday because I didn't give him the right answer - even though I told him that I wanted to check first. Apparently he didn't hear that part, and overreacted to one of the secretaries up there. So after I called him back, told him that she was right, he had to humble himself and go and apologize. Well that didn't go over very well with him! He said I made him look like an "a.." Well, I sat there and I took it. Yes, I might have had my "head a little bit down". I told him I messed up and he said, "You think"? I then told him I was so sorry. He said this isn't the first incident - he started by saying a couple of other things that "I messed up on" he always seems to bring up the past - because he hasn't forgiven me. Then in the same breath LORD, he tells me that I am doing a "good job". Talk about "mixed messages". The incidents he brought up were taken care of and they really weren't "life threatening" and they were easy fixes - but they "made him look bad".
After he finished his little speech his main thing that he told me WAS TO SLOW DOWN and DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING! He said he is never in a hurry to get things from me. That of course is NOT true, but I sure didn't argue. You have taught me LORD that I must "turn the other cheek" and I think I did. I assured him that I would slow down and I really did feel bad about making him look bad.

Oh LORD, you spoon feed me. You give me just the right amount food when I need it, SPIRITUAL FOOD. I am so thankful to YOU LORD that I can run to You and tell You how I feel. I can ask YOU anything. I can "vent" to YOU. Right now LORD, I pray for my boss, please help him, soften his heart for he can know YOU. Give him peace before it is too late.
So, LORD, I am just writing this down as a sweet reminder to myself and others that YOU are A WONDERFUL AWESOME GOD WHO LOVES ME, HAS MERCY ON ME, FORGIVES ME, AND GIVES ME GRACE!!! You tell me the truth, You tell me that "humans make mistakes". You tell me Jesus died for those mistakes! I am thankful, oh LORD I am so thankful!!! In Jesus' Name Amen"When outward strength is broken, faith rests on the promises. In the midst of sorrow, faith draws the sting out of every trouble and takes out the bitterness from every affliction. -- Robert Cecil
I know this Scripture and I need to remember it when someone is "disciplining me or whatever:
I know this Scripture and I need to remember it when someone is "disciplining me or whatever:
Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. -- Philippians 4:8 NIV
and maybe, just maybe these things happen so your boss has to be humbled and apologize . . . who knows. Thankfully you know Jesus and you know you have been forgiven and if you keep praying and seeing His will HE will make your path straight even if bad things (seemingly bad things) happen, He is working it all together for good :)
ReplyDeletePs I like your background, paper - cool