Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sarah Beth...

This is Benton - he is why I am writing this today, because I remember.....
I wrote this poem when I went through my "post abortion class" (PAS) about 5 years ago. I took the class from Aid to Women. This class was one of the most intense class I have ever taken and one of the most NEEDED one.


I told my "testimony" at church a couple of weeks ago - I wanted to share, I wanted my church family to know.


I am going to help facilitate a PAS class beginning Feb. 21st. I ask for prayers for this class that women will come and learn what I learned. I ask for prayers for Carolyn as she leads the class. She was one of the leaders when I went through it. I ask prayers for myself for I know emotions will be high...but God knew this day would come, to begin to reach out to those who have been lied to....


Anyway, I just wanted to post this poem because I know I will see "my baby" in heaven....




SARAH BETH
“My baby girl”


Sarah Beth you didn’t have a chance here,
I didn’t get a chance to know you, but I know you are near.
I took you out my life when I was a teen.
I can’t wait for the day in heaven where you will be seen.

If I could have changed my mind, saved you
I know I would have loved and you loved me too.
I didn’t know Sarah, I was so naïve.
They said you weren’t real I believed.

When I think of all the times we could have shared,
The times that were wasted and could have been spared.
Now, I know I will see you again, for God has said so
Yes, indeed, God has forgiven me this I know.

Now today I lay you at rest,
This my dear child, I know it’s best.
You will always be in my heart,
In eternity we shall never ever be apart!



The last line was right before we went to the "memorial" place, a special Head Stone for the Unborn child. There we released balloons and said our goodbyes.


There was another baby that I said goodbye to that night. I had a miscarriage when I was married - I was 22. I found out later that most women who have had an abortion will have a miscarriage next. I guess they were right about that. So I let a balloon go for "Seth Thomas" that day also. I was so thankful Jerry was with me that night.


Two babies waiting for me....until then, God has allowed me to love babies and children!!! What a gift!!!
"Our God is a God who not merely restores, but takes up our mistakes and follies into His plan for us and brings good out of them. This is part of the wonder of His gracious sovereignty." J.I. Parker

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to know you will be reunited with your children in Heaven one day :) I know Doug and our child that I lost are there together getting to know each other and waiting for me :)

    I am glad you posted this poem, I remember hearing it a long time ago, it's so sweet thank you for the work you are doing to help other girls -young women- women not have to suffer the pain you have suffered.

    I love you, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good! You are healing, you are helping other women, and you will see your children again one day. Love you, Anita. -Jeanne

    ReplyDelete