Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jail...

How many of us have ever wondered what it would be to be "locked" up? I have. I have been going to the jail with Connie to do Sunday Services once a month. I still really don't know what it is like, but one thing for sure I am thankful I really don't know.

Today we went and one woman touched my heart so bad. This woman came in crying and looked wiped out. Her future is in the hands of a judge now, BUT she has to wait. She knows God, and has accepted Jesus into her heart - in fact she found Him while she was in prison awhile back, but because she is human she had a relapse when she got out.

I was able to share her story at the Gathering tonight, and we prayed for her. We also prayed for the others.

Whenever I leave the jail, I am so thankful that I can leave. You know they can't even go outside while they are at the jail; something I take for granted every day. I know they are supposed to be punished for their wrong decisions, they know it too.

Anyway, what I wanted to say in this post that WE MUST NEVER TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED AND WE NEED TO THANK GOD FOR EVERYTHING. Some of us may "feel locked" up at times, by being "caught up" by things we can't change, BUT we know Jesus has the key.

Please pray for these women and men in jail. They need our prayers. They need to know that Jesus holds the key for them too. He wants them to be loved and cherished. Always remember it is God's grace that we are forgiven....God is waiting for them to ask for forgiveness like so many who are "locked up" in sin.

For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?
---1 Cor. 4:7

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you go with Connie to the jail and bring Jesus with you when you do! I don't know what it's like to be locked up either but I do know what being locked up in sin is like! Praise Jesus for Him setting this prisoner free!

    ReplyDelete