Saturday, January 8, 2011

Simple Pleasures...

This is one of the many cards I made the other day using calendars that my friends and family have given to me - of course they are before 2011 - it is my way of recycling and giving back. The scenery ones are good to make BUT...

THE CAT ONES ARE MY FAVORITE!!! Marlys gave me the cat one below - this lady actually drew this cats!!! (and other animals).


What was good about this particular calendar the pictures were big enough to make a card and an envelope - SWEET!
I was doing this in a fun way too - where I "set my timer" (you can see it there on the top right) for 7 minutes. I would make a card and read my book for 7 minutes. You see when I read one of my books that I really like; I take notes on it. In order for me not to get all "cramped" up by typing it was a nice way to take a break in between. I was challenging myself too on how many cards I could make before I tuckered out. Trust me I have made quite a few.

Aren't the cats just adorable? Of course this middle kitten reminds me of my cat Sam!


Then Jerry gave me his fish calendar and it too big enough to make cards and envelopes. I figured I could use them to make men's cards.

They are not my favorite but I do like to give a variety of cards out.


I was able to mail out 5 cards I believe this week. I want to try to get out a few each week - as encouraging cards or I'm thinking of you cards. I feel "Snail" mail is something that I don't want to lose - not everyone has a computer.


So, anyway, that is my simple pleasure...I am going to make some more cards when I finish this blog and in between I am going to read a book that I have read before but I really like it. It is called "Soaring On High" Spiritual Insights from the Life of an Eagle - by Mary Whelchel. When I first read this book is how I got the name of my blog!


I hope you all have a nice wonderful Saturday! I was able to go shopping some with my dear friend Jill that was fun!!! I got home and Jerry had to go out on a "call" to fix a heater. He is so tired - it has been a long week of many calls after work - maintenance men always ready to "fix".


So, I am so thankful that I have this to do. At least I feel like I am doing something...Of course this is "our baby" Sam sleeping next to "his daddy" on the coach. I know silly that we call our cat "our baby" - but that is what happens when you get older and don't have "grand kids".....

"Like eagles, as believers in Jesus Christ we are intended to fly at very high altitudes in the heavenlies:
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:6-7)
We are made for heavenly realms..." Mary Whelchel

1 comment:

  1. What a fun long post!

    Good job on all the cards :) I love it!

    it's totally OK to call Sam your baby, that's who he is after all!

    ReplyDelete