Sunday, February 24, 2013

DANIEL FAST

Jerry and I started "our Daniel Fast today". We usually do this the first part of the year, but we were not lead to by to do it then. Part of me believed it was just a ritual we do every year; to tell the truth I wasn't sure I was ever going to fast again. Then reading the Bible lately on our studies from Church, I was reminded again that Jesus fasted - and in God's Word is says "when we fast". This time it is even more than that to me. I have felt a  little distant from God because of my extra hours at work, having little time for anything else. Then He hit me and He softly reminded me that jobs come and ago, but HE never does - He is always there! 

This book by Susan Gregory "The Daniel Fast" has been a wonderful tool for me! She has such encouraging words, USES GOD WORDS, gives recipes, devotions, even a blog you can read, etc. You know I saw this book many times before but God has His ways to show me that it is a good reference book to help me get through this 21 days of GIVING UP SOME OF MY FAVORITE FOODS and realizing that HE COMES FIRST NO MATTER WHAT!!!

These next 21 days I will be writing in my blog mainly for me. Also I want to share with my blogger friends what I am learning at the same time - does that make since?  Let me make this very clear I am not telling anyone to fast; this is between God and me.

Today and the next 21 days is a special time in my life where I will be feeding my soul, strengthening my spirit, and renewing my body. Does God need me to fast - I believe this time He does. He loves me, and He needs to get through to me that I am to put Him first. He is there for me! He loves me! He wants to pour out His mercy, grace, goodness, wisdom, and blessings.

During this fast, I can listen to the Holy Spirit's still small voice beckoning me to come closer. God wants me to make adjustments in my life - to seek Him for wisdom and counsel. I know He will instruct me and guide me as I draw closer to Him and His ways.

The fact that Jerry and I are doing this together, our prayers will for our families and friends that don't know Jesus. I am always reminded that my aunts and others prayed for us.

Our marriage will be stronger because we are doing this together. We can encourage each other as we let go some of our favorite foods. We both know it is not about the FOOD it is about DRAWING CLOSER TO OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN and not ever ever to forget THAT HE IS THE ONE AND ONLY.

To be able to be bold enough to go out and walk the walk, share the Good News, and love on people the way Jesus did and still does.

Of course as the journey goes on for the 21 days we will LEARN so much more because we are in a different season of our lives. All the other fasts we did. We did learn also and each time it was different. I want to write this down here for I can go back easier to reflect.

Can I ask you "all" to pray for us during our journey? Also when you read this blog you will stop and pray for a loved one that doesn't know Jesus? Also, to never forget He loves YOU!



I pray dear Lord that all come to you before it's too late❣


Isaiah 40:31  But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.  ..........my very favorite scripture of comfort
 



1 comment:

  1. Anita, (((HUGS))) I will be praying for you and Jerry and for ones who are not saved...

    I think it is awesome in what your doing... Fasting is a good thing to draw yourself closer to the Lord...

    With not being able to comment on face book for the 40 days has been such a challenge.. I check for prayer request and making sure my kids are okay...I make no comments.. There has been a few times I have wanted to comment or share things...But it all can wait.. I have drawn closer to the Lord.... I am feeling stronger every day with my issue from the side affects of chemo...I feel the Lord healing me... It is a awesome feeling to listen to the whispers of His voice...

    Thank you for sharing this...Lisa.

    ReplyDelete