Friday, January 30, 2009

Feeling "Stuck"

Have any of you ever felt stuck? You know, when you feel like you can't budge forward and you want to "move backwards"? Well, the past 2 days have been like that for me. I have been "wanting" a new hair do, "wanting" to clean my office at home, "wanting" to go for a walk OUTSIDE, "wanting, wanting, wanting..." When I talk about it Jerry usually says, "Want, want, want" - making it sound like a duck. I know some of this is actually "sinning" but actually I think it is CABIN FEVER!!! I used to get that all the time in Shingletown, California - growing up in the mountains. When winter hit, you went no where! They usually get 5 feet of snow at a time up there, and it usually doesn't melt until March. At least here it seems to melt sooner, and Iowans take better care of their roads. BUT still, the cold is much worse here. Anyway, back to "my point". I think we need a "Spring Thaw" - I am hoping to get a "two day simple retreat" started - one that we could do here in town. As soon as I can get help to work out the details, you might just be hearing more about this. Please pray for "Spring Thaw" okay? In the meantime, maybe I will go get my hair done, clean my office, and "walk in the mall" again -- the next best thing of "walking outside" (it's good exercise). LATER.............


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could pack you in my suitcase and whisk you off to AZ with me :)

    I like your idea :) I will be watching for details.

    ReplyDelete