Friday, January 23, 2009

Thinking YOUNG....


You know it is hard to "remember" when I was a little girl - after all it has been a very very long time. Yet, I do remember the tea parties, playing with Barbies, and of course always "loving" my "kitties" -- we always had a cat! We also always had a dog too, he or she usually hung out with my brothers. You know I love to remember those things! I know some of you ladies have little girls and won't that be fun to have tea parties with them!!! Or do they do that now? They probably want "Pepsi" or "milk" parties. ha ha. I love how I can share some of the "girls" at church and have them over and "play". One time Phoenix and Jo came over and they did my nails - that was fun. When Hannah comes over we always have fun and laugh! Oh yes - they make me think young and "act young" - like that's hard to do. ha ha.

I hope you are all having a blessed Friday, I am! It has been busy here at work, making the day go by fast. I have had some interesting conversations, with Union Brothers - so my dear SISTERS I really do look forward to time spent with you - "breath of fresh air" if you know what I mean. The guys are okay but they don't know Jesus. Yes, I drop "seeds" in when I can, and trust me I have a long list that I am praying for - for they don't know the "benefits". I read this from Beth Moore's "Breaking Free Day by Day devotional thought I would share for I can keep it...:

"God has graciously extended these five benefits to us:
  1. To know God and believe Him
  2. To glorify God
  3. To find satisfaction in God
  4. To experience God's peace
  5. To enjoy God's presence
These five benefits will serve as a road map to lead you home any time you've been carried away captive." -- Beth Moore

GO AND EXPERIENCE GOD'S PEACE AND HIS WONDERFUL PRESENCE AS YOU FINISH OFF "THIS LOVELY FRIDAY"! If by any chance any of you are "having a bad day" - BREAK FREE MY SISTERS, BREAK FREE. Take a time out, run to Him, lay your "burdens down".


2 comments:

  1. What a neat post! I loved tea parties when I was a girl, then when my girls were little :) ah sweet memories!

    Jesus paid the ultimate price for us to be able to break free! What a shame on us when we choose to stay bound in something!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a tea party girl and even bought a tea set for my little niece for Christmas. I have my tea set from when I was a little girl!

    Great post! Love you!

    ReplyDelete