Saturday, February 21, 2009

HOUSEWORK = EXERCISE!

Yep I said it, housework does equal exercise. Look up at that woman wiping off the table, she is using her arm, she is bending - using her legs and her waist, she is doing small circles I am sure using her wrists! I can say that first hand because I just cleaned our kitchen. I cleaned all the dishes that couldn't go in the dishwasher, I cleaned the stove, counters, table, etc. I tried to switch arms and while I was standing doing the dishes - I tried to move my legs - that was kind of hard because it is like rubbing your stomach and head at the same time. Anyway, when I mopped I tried to lunge and reach - that was better. Trust me a good work out in the kitchen.
Now onto the living room and other rooms. Dusting first - reaching up to the high places getting that full body stretch. Dragging out the small vacuum - bending, reaching. Then vacuuming the furniture first (good bye cat hair for now). Then the other vacuum - we have a upright so I pull and push differently than above but oh it works! Now, I can come in here take a breather, hold Sam in my lap (hard to type), then think of other ways I can get more exercise in on this snowy day! I thought about my closets - but oooo I don't know. It is not time to put away those winter clothes yet. Hmmm, maybe I will "chill out" read and crochet. Yeah good answer! We bought a $5 movie at Wal-Mart Jerry and I will watch that. Right now he is getting a lot of stretching exercise while he hangs up wires overhead for our speakers. He wants that all around sound - oh well. Then he may go to the attic and install the new antenna he bought, we may be able to cancel cable and save some money - I really don't want to let go of cable yet - but one never knows.
Well my dear sisters - this mainly was a reminder for me to enJOY housework and look at it differently. You may not see it that way - but hey, it's my blog. ha ha. I LOVE YOU ALL AND I PRAY YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT SATURDAY!
Oh yeah must have a spiritual exercise:
"In fact, there are six different types of prayer mentioned in the Bible, and God intended them for different functions. These six types of prayers are:
1. The Prayer of Agreement
2. The Prayer of Faith
3. The Prayer of Consecration and Dedication
4. The Prayer of Praise and Worship
5. The Prayer of Intercession
6. The Prayer of Binding and Loosing
Each of these prayer tools God has provided has a specific purpose. While you may use more than one at any given time, you need to be clear on which tool you are using, as well as its limitations. Given that we have His Word-the Bible-there is no reason for us not to use them properly and when we do answered prayer is guaranteed.
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses." -- Dr. Frederick K.C. Price
For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. --Romans 8:26

No comments:

Post a Comment