Thursday, February 5, 2009

Stress, changes...but remember!


Well, I don't know about you all, but lately "I have been stressed" and yet I know too that most of it is because I have not "depended on God"!!! I know better, I know better! It is just that so many changes are coming so fast! It is hard for me at my age for changes. I used to strive on change - now I am not too comfortable with it. Yet, we have changes every day, no day is really the same - I KNOW THAT! Oh my dear sisters, this is a "fast moving world we live in" - I am here to tell you I am "moving kind of slow" and having a "hard time keeping up". I don't even have a cell phone as most of you know! I just learned how to blog...it is things like that. Thanks to God, I can now sit here today and write to you that I am feeling "less stress because I am blessed!" Yes indeed I am! Last night I was able to pray with Marlys at Prayer Warrior Women's night! At first I was so disappointed that only her and I showed up - but wow, it was so good to be there with my dear sister Marlys! We prayed for almost an hour - pouring our hearts out to God and we know He listened. We prayed for our church, we prayed for healing for our church family and our own family, we prayed for the hurting and the lost, and we prayed for each other! Nothing beats the POWER OF PRAY and especially when you can pray together!
One more note - I started reading our book club book and oh I laughed out LOUD reading it - just what I needed. Thank you Linda, thank you Linda for picking this book!!!

7 comments:

  1. Do you know what Stressed spelled backwards is?
    Desserts. No wonder when women are stressed we hit the garbage to put in our bodies. :) Thanks for sharing, Anita. I am blessed by your daily words of wisdom. Keep them coming.
    Love you, janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I learned about what stressed is spelled backwards....Sweet.. Anita your blog is such a blessing to me today..Yes keep them coming like Janet said... I finished the book in about 7 to 8 hours...I read the evening Linda brought it by and then a couple hours in the morning...I loved every minute and laughed my way through...actually laughing at myself..HEE HEE...Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm too tired to be stressed, but I am never to tired to rely on God. Thanks for the reminder!! LOVE YOU!! -Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you today! Hope you had a good trip. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, Miss Stressed, I'm waiting for something new to read. love ya, janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally relate to all the 'changes'! I think it's God getting us out of our comfortable-ness here, so our desire will be to be with HIM, He is coming after all and if we are content to be here we won't long for HIM! Oh Lord, bring in the 'who so ever wills and get us out of here!

    I was sorry I missed prayer night :( glad you and Marlys prayed though, if two or more are gathered in His Name. . . Jesus was there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Post, post, post, post, post (you get the picture)....

    ReplyDelete