Friday, February 20, 2009

I'M HOME SICK FOR SHINGLETOWN, CA




Thanks to Linda sending me that e-mail about the post cards; I found some these pictures from my "home town" - well, near it - Mt. Lassen Park (it was 17 miles from my home). I worked up at that park for 2 summers. I loved it! I hiked up that mountain which is a volcano and it is still a "live one" - if it ever erupts my "hometown" would be wiped out. I didn't know they had a flood up there either, that was interesting. I knew the mountain erupted years ago because we had "lava" rock in our yard. Anyway, it is a beautiful place! I have a colored photo of it in my office here at work. One time my dad had his picture taken on the lake there and was in the Redding newspaper. It said, "man fishing" and something else. ha ha. Oh yes, memories!!! There is snow on it all year too by the way. Shingletown my hometown has an elevation of 4,000 feet so trust me we had a lot of snow in the winter. My brother still lives up there and he said they had quite a bit this year. Oh yes, I am truly missing that Mountain now, and of course if I went back now it would not be the same. My folks are with Jesus, my one brother only lives up there. So, I will just hang on to the memories and I do thank the good LORD for them!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it does look beautiful there! Glad you enjoyed the site.

    ReplyDelete